maanantai 6. huhtikuuta 2015

DIY dining table

When I visited the local wood shop asking for advice on what kind of materials I should be using on my dining table, they neatly had a piece of glued timber in a size I want. I needed a 80x80cm table, just enough for two, not more than four diners. 


This came along pretty quickly since all I had to do was to build the base and the legs and treat the table top before waxing the whole table. A bit of work whining about it on the previous post.


I brushed the top with a wire brush and sanded it to get the stripy look of an old wood. This way I was hoping the wax will soak in the way I intended, to mimic the board being very old. The wax was antique oak coloured.



Can I fave feelings for a table? I think I can. I love this table! It turned out exactly how I imagined it! Not to mention the fact that I have something made by me, which in itself feels incredibly good, it also looks so good. Also, now my black Tolix stools look like they belong. I am very pleased!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti