lauantai 6. kesäkuuta 2015

Summer flowers

Last summer I started this nice habit of bringing flowers home after work on Fridays. I love fresh flowers on my table, but sadly they wilt so soon. I prefer potted plants, since they have a longer life in my hands, but picked flowers bring this sort of luxury I like. Taking a walk and picking flowers is a very good way to start the weekend, I think. As the (short) season goes on, there are new flowers in bloom every week and that way I can get a little bit different looking bunch every time.




The wild anemones are pretty much all gone now, I've seen only few late ones on my way to work, but I am not sure those will last long anymore. Instead I got these planted ones from my late grandmother's garden. I think these are related to the wild anemones and my grandmother would have told a lot more about them. I just think they are so pretty poking out from the green and being among the first ones to bloom in her garden, alongside with tulips and narcissus. If I recall correctly, the blue little flowers are forget-me-nots, a pain of the garden. Grandmother would have told me to rip out more of them, made a bigger bouquet of them, since they spread like wild fire. She got one little bunch of them from a friend of hers who warned her that soon it will be all over yer yard and the neighbor's too.




The Syringa in the garden was blooming as well and of course I had to take some branches home. The smell of them is so sweet. It's the smell of early summer, I think.




Happy weekend!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti