This year I have decided to make replacement ornaments for my mother. I made similar yarn elves for her in school and she has hung them up every Christmas ever since. A few years ago, the family got a new addition to the family in the form of a little beagle called Pele. One unfortunate day the other yarn elf fell on the ground and Pele was quick to notice it and found out the 7 Veljestä yarn tastes absolutely amazing. There wasn't much left of the other elf and so the one elf left hung alone. I thought it was just so sad, I decided to remake the elf couple. After all, 3 is better than 1.
What I needed was:
- Some red yarn
- Two pieces of card board
- A little white felt
- Piece of white yarn
- Scissors
- Needle and some white thread
First I cut two pieces out of the card board, one for the body and for the arms. Then I wrapped the red yarn around the card boards to make a couple of nice bulky skeins. It's better to use bit too much than bit too little. After freeing the skeins I tied the head in place with a piece of yarn and under the neck I slid in the skein of the arms. The wrists I tied again with a piece of yarn. Under the arms I tied the waist with a red yarn to keep it in place. On top of it I tied the white yarn as a belt to match the hat. For the elf with the skirt I just cut the foot end of the skein and trimmed the ends a bit to make it neat. For the elf with the pants, I tied the ankles with a string. The hats I sew together and then I sew them on the heads of the elves. I left a little loop of thread on the tip of the head so they could be hung up alongside with their lonely friend.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti