Traditionally it is made from straw and nowadays people usually hang them up during Christmas. We made one himmeli in class many years back. Each kid made their own part and then all parts were joined together to make one whole himmeli. After that, I wanted to make my own himmeli at home and every Christmas I think about it, but for some reason I never got around making it.
This year I saw my friend's new himmeli made out of plastic straws, and then decided this year will be the year when I make my own himmeli.
It was bit of trial and error this one and It sort of looks like it too. It needs a little bit of tweaking. Next time I'll find some smaller straws and use a different thread in them. Otherwise, the more of the parts I made, the faster and better they turned out to be.
We have a saying here, hunger grows while eating and this was the case here. I now want bigger and more magnificent himmeli. I have this whole pattern in mind of what it should look like. This was a very good practice project and I will definitely make more of these! Making the parts come so fast while watching tv.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti